Recipe Creator: Chef John
- 2.25 lbs. ground chuck ** this recipe works best with Ground Chuck if you substitute for regular Ground Beef you will need to add 1 egg and bread crumbs to bind the mixture.
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ t small onion powder.
- Bothwell Mild Cheddar or Medium Cheddar (170g, 540g) or Lactose-Free Medium Cheddar, cut into small cubes ** I used 4 cubes per burger
- 12 slider buns of choice
- Toppings of choice: Red onion, tomato, arugula, avocado, pickles
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground chuck with Salt, Pepper and Onion powder mix thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into 12 slider patties of equal size and thickness. Each Pattie should weigh roughly 3oz. ** Tip use a scale and a scoop to help portioning the burgers.
- Using a Pattie press half of the ground beef to the bottom of your Pattie press. Place 4 cheese cubes in the center of the burger roughly 0.4 oz place the reminder of the meat on top of the cheese and shape burger closing the edges.
- Lightly oil your cooking surface. BBQ or pan-grill patties over medium high heat. Cook thoroughly, about 5 minutes per side. ** Tip internal temperature 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve patties on slider buns and garnish as desired.