Give us an enchilada inch, and we’ll run with it for miles! There are so many ways to fill an enchilada, and this is just one version using classic Bothwell Monterey Jack.
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey meat, shredded
- 1 127-ml can peeled green chilies
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 ½ cups Bothwell Monterey Jack, shredded
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 3 10-inch flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the turkey, chilies, onion and ¾ of the grated cheese.
- In another bowl combine tomato sauce with oregano, cumin and cloves.
- In a 10x14 inch-roasting pan pour ⅛ of an inch of tomato sauce.
- Place equal amounts of turkey mixture into the center of each tortilla.
- Fold ends and then roll tortilla closed.
- Place filled tortillas into roasting pan and pour remaining tomato sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining ¼ of cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut enchiladas into thirds and serve hot.