Recipe Creator: Chef D
This creamy red wine sauce takes this chicken pasta to the next level!
- 1/2 cup of fresh bacon bits
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 1 cup chopped roasted chicken breast
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of 35% whipping cream
- 1 cup of shredded Bothwell Red Wine Old Cheddar
- 1/4 tsp of pepper / 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of cooked pasta
Chef D Tip: This is a great recipe for left over chicken.
- In a non stick pan over medium high heat add bacon bits, onions and garlic. Sauté 3-5 minutes until onions start to become translucent.
- Add cream and chicken and bring mixture to a boil
- Add Red Wine Cheddar and let cheese melt into mixture about 2 minutes.
- Add Peas, pasta and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes just until pasta is hot.
- Season with salt and pepper.