Crispy Cheese-Filled Pickles
Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
If you love pickles, then this recipe is a must-try! Take pickles stuffed with our NEW Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack to the next level by deep-frying them in wonton wrappers. Fried until golden perfection, they're crisp on the outside and warm, cheesy, and tangy, on the inside.
- 12 dill pickles
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack, shredded
- 1 slice of deli ham, diced small
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Neutral oil for frying
Optional dipping sauce: jalapeño jelly or spicy aioli
Tools needed: apple corer
- Preheat frying oil to 325° F.
- Using an apple corer, remove the middle of the pickles.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, cheese and deli ham.
- Fill a piping bag or zip-lock bag with cheese mixture.
- Fill each pickle with cheese mixture, making sure to fill it fully.
- Once pickles are all filled, wrap each one in a wonton wrapper. Place one pickle in the
middle of a wrapper diagonally. Using your finger wet the sides of the wonton wrapper to
help it stick. Fold the sides of the wrapper over the pickle ends and roll the rest up
creating an egg roll shape.
- Fry pickles in oil until wrappers are golden brown and are cooked through about 8-10
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate to catch excess oil, serve