Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
Why choose between pizza and lasagna when you can have both? This is an original mashup between two classically cheesy recipes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup green pepper, sliced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced pepperoni
- 150 gr slices black forest ham
- 1 650 ml jar marinara sauce
- 6 slices Bothwell Mozzarella from 450g Variety Slice Pack, or 4 slices from Costco 720g pack
- 6 slices Bothwell Medium Cheddar from 450g Variety Slice Pack, or 4 slices from Costco 720g Variety Slice Pack
- 4 slices Bothwell Red Hot Chili Pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sautée green peppers, onions and mushrooms in 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly tender.
- In a 9”x 13” oven dish, spread a small amount of pasta sauce to cover the bottom.
Place three pasta noodles in the dish, spoon 1/3 of remaining sauce over top of the noodles, layer Mozzarella slices, and about half of each ham, pepperoni, onions and green peppers. Reserve some of the fillings for garnish on top.
- Repeat once more to create a second layer with Medium Cheddar slices.
- Place the last 3 noodles on top and cover with remaining sauce.
- Gently grease a sheet of tin foil large enough to cover the dish and place foil on top of the lasagna, wrapping the edges tightly. Place in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove tin foil, top with Red Hot Chili Pepper cheese and garnish with remaining fillings. Return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on top of stove and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.