Recipe Creator: Chef D
If you love sliders but want to try something new, these tender BBQ Duck Sliders made by ChefD are a must-try for dinner or summer entertaining. Red Hot Chili Pepper slices compliment these mouth-watering sliders with a touch of heat.
- Season duck legs with kosher salt and sugar on both sides. Place them in a large resealable bag. Seal, and massage the duck legs until all the ingredients are evenly dispersed. Refrigerate for 24 hours to light cure. The goal is to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove duck legs from the marinade. Rinse them off and pat dry. Arrange the duck legs skin side down in an enameled cast iron pan or glass dish. Pour the duck fat into a small saucepan and warm over low heat until liquid. Pour over the duck legs until they are completely covered. As the legs cook, more fat will be rendered from the skin. Cover the dish with a lid and cook for 4 to 6 hours. You can add other flavours to the duck fat if you desire. Aromatics such as star anise, thyme, onion or garlic.
- Duck meat should pull from the bone easily.
- Drizzle with ChefD BBQ sauce then layer sliced dill pickle on the bottom of your slider bun. Add your pulled apart duck confit and top with a slice of Red Hot Chili Pepper and top with your slider lid.
Serve: You can serve as is, or warm on upper level of your BBQ, med – low temp, and serve as guests are ready to eat.