Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
With classic flavours, this one-skillet dinner is a family-friendly meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights. No layering required!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 8 oz lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Bothwell Mozzarella or Bothwell Lactose Free Mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Bothwell Parmesan, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil, divided
- Preheat broiler and position rack in center of oven. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet set over medium heat; cook beef, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until beef starts to brown.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chicken broth and tomatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in lasagna noodles; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella, and half of the Parmesan and basil.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan over top; place in oven and broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining basil. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.