Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
Inspired by the traditional Waldorf Salad, these updated endive boats are like a little vacation in every bite. Bonne voyage!
- 16 Belgian endive leaves (2 large heads)
- 1/2 cup sliced grapes or 4 fresh figs, quarter and halved , if available
- 4 oz Bothwell Red Wine Old Cheddar, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Trim ends of endive. Separate endive leaves and arrange on a serving platter.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons cheese into each leaf.
- Divide figs or grapes into each leaf. Sprinkle with walnuts and chives.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with salt and pepper.