Flameado Style Dip
Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This Flameado Style Dip made with Bothwell Red Hot Chili Pepper slices and chorizo sausage is a flavourful appetizer that will impress your guests. Light it up with a flame just before serving. Enjoy with tortilla chips.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded
- 3 green onions
- ¾ cup cilantro
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 chorizo sausage, casing removed and crumbled
- 6 slices of Red Hot Chili Pepper Monterey Jack from Bothwell 450g Sliced Variety Pack
- 1 tbsp. tequila
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a mini food processor, combine garlic, jalapeno, green onions and cilantro and pulse until finely chopped. Scrape down the sides if necessary and set aside.
- Grill whole poblano pepper on direct heat until fully blackened, remove and place in a bowl and quickly cover with a lid or saran wrap and let sit for 5 minutes. Deseed and remove burnt skin from pepper and finely slice.
- Place a small cast iron pan on the grill and heat. Add chorizo and onions and cook, occasionally stirring, until onions soften. Add pepper and cook for another minute.
- Remove from direct heat and add 3 slices of cheese on top of the sausage mixture, spoon ½ of the cilantro mixture on top of the cheese and repeat, ending with the remaining cilantro mixture. Let cook until the cheese melts.
- Pour tequila on top of the dip and light it with a flame. Allow the tequila to burn off, and remove it from the grill.
- Serve with chips, and enjoy.