Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This homemade Chicken & Waffles recipe is a hearty brunch recipe that everyone will love. Cheesy waffles made with our NEW Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack and crispy fried chicken make a delicious sweet and savoury combo.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1.5 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 1.5 cups AP flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack, shredded
- oil spray
- In a large mixing bowl combine buttermilk, hot sauce and salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and cover. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat frying oil to 375° F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cornstarch, salt, paprika and cayenne.
- One-piece at a time, remove chicken from the buttermilk mixture and place it in the flour
mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Place coated chicken in oil and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the internal temperature is
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate to catch any excess oil.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk and eggs.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and combine.
- Gently fold in the cheese.
- Spray oil on the preheated waffle iron, pour on the batter and cook according to the
- Serve immediately with chicken and top with maple syrup, pickles, fresh dill or hot