Greek Meatballs with Spicy Dill Pickle Dip
Recipe Creator: Chef D
These Greek inspired lamb meatballs are moist and delicious. They make a great appetizer for feeding a crowd. Cooking these in an air fryer is a game changer on their outer texture. Serve with tangy dip made with Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack cheese and enjoy!
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Spicy Dill Pickle Dipping Sauce
- ¾ cups of Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/3 cup Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack, grated
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If using an oven, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine ground lamb, egg, garlic, parsley, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. This can be made a day in advance.
- Form into 16 meatballs and place on prepared baking sheets or pop in your air fryer for 15 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
- For the sauce, combine yogurt, cheese, and pickle juice in a food processor or blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- Serve meatballs warm with tangy sauce on the side.
ChefD’s Tip: The crispy outer service of the meat ball enhances the flavour big time on these little gems. It sweetens the flavour on the meat. If you don’t have an air fryer cook in your oven for 13 minutes and either broil for the final minute or so OR pan fry for one minute before serving.