Recipe Creator: Chef D
These juicy braised beef sliders are loaded with tender braised beef, tart jelly, caramelized onions and tangy old cheddar. This mouth-watering combination creates a flavourful explosion.
- Pretzel buns
- Shredded braised beef short rib
- Crab apple jelly
- Caramelized onions
- Old White Cheddar Slices from Bothwell 450g Sliced Cheddar Variety Pack
Chef D Tips:
Make life easy and use store bought crap apple jelly.
If you don't have time to make your own braised beef short ribs there are prepackaged options available at the grocery store.
Don't compromise on how important caramelized onions are to this recipe.
Caramelized vs. Fried: Caramelized is a slow cook to bring out natural sugars. Do not add sugar or browning agents - you're worth it!
- Spread apple jelly on one side of Pretzel bun
- Place cheese on the jelly, followed by beef, caramelized onions and top of bun
- Place in panini press for 3-4 minutes