Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
Grilling season is the best season! This grilled flatbread combines garlic and herbs with an Italian twist that will be the star at any BBQ!
- 325g store bought pizza dough
- Spray oil, for grill
- 3 tbsp homemade or store bought pesto
- 1 cup Sunny Dog Barkin’ Herbs and Garlic Cheddar, grated
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips (or ⅓ of each a red, orange and yellow pepper)
- 5 slices of genoa salami, cut into squares
- Fresh basil and oregano for topping
1. Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
2. Hand stretch the dough following package directions to a rectangular shape about 14” long and 7” wide.
3. Spray grill with oil and grill pepper slices for 1-2 minutes until they are slightly marked, be careful to not overcook, remove from grill and set aside.
4. Carefully place stretched dough onto the grill. Cook dough for 1-2 minutes until the dough stiffens and is browned.
5. Flip the dough with tongs and turn off the grill or flip to a cooler part of the grill and quickly add pesto, cheese, peppers and salami.
6. Cook flatbread for about another 1-2 minutes, until dough is cooked through and cheese is melted (If using a BBQ, closing the lid will help to melt the cheese)
7. Remove flatbread and top with fresh herbs, slice and serve immediately.