Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This savoury Dutch Baby is perfect for weekend brunch. It's fresh, flavourful, fluffy, and ideal for sharing!
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ¼ cup Bothwell Lactose-Free Old Cheddar, grated and divided
- 8 eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp. mustard powder
- 2 tbsp. butter
- More fresh herbs
- Preheat oven to 425 ° F.
- Place a 12 inch cast iron pan in oven to pre heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, salt and ½ the cheese.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, chopped herbs and mustard powder.
- Combine the wet ingredients into to dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Add the butter into the hot cast iron in the oven and let melt and brown (about 2 minutes).
- Carefully add the the batter into the hot cast iron in the oven, bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and continue to bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until it is puffed and golden brown.
- Serve immediately with prosciutto and fresh herbs.