Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
Full of flavour, these savoury Herbs & Cheese Waffles made with Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic cheese are perfect for weekend brunch. Top with fried eggs or even deep fried chicken. Enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs 4 tbsp. butter
- ½ block Non-GMO Project Verified Sunny Dog Barkin’ Herbs & Garlic Cheddar, grated
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp. dried tarragon
- Cooking spray
- Combine and stir flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, black pepper, parsley, rosemary, and tarragon in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk and eggs in another bowl. Pour into bowl of dry ingredients.
- Add melted butter and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and add batter once heated. Cook waffles until golden and crisp.
- Top with fresh herbs and enjoy.