Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
These sweet and savoury bites made with our flavourful Sunny Dog Herbs & Garlic Cheddar make a great appetizer for your holiday feast.
- 1 tsp. oil
- 2 hot Italian sausages
- ½ large white onion, diced
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 sheets puff pastry measuring 9”x 10”
- ¼ cup flour for dusting
- 100g Non-GMO Project Verified Sunny Dog Barkin’ Herbs and Garlic Cheddar, shredded
- Optional garnish: Fresh oregano
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Prepare two 12 mini cupcake pans by spraying with oil and
- Remove casings from sausages and crumble meat.
- In a medium saucepan, on medium heat add oil and sauté onions and sausage meat,
making sure to separate the meat into a crumble as it cooks.
- Once the sausage starts to brown, about 5 minutes, add apples and sauté. Cook mixture
until apples soften and meat is fully cooked, about 7- 10 minutes, and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out puff pastry and cut into 12 rectangles, making
approximately 3”x 2.5” rectangles, repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Place each rectangle into each mini muffin tins and press them down making cups with
- Equally divide sausage mixture into the 24 cups, about 1 tbsp. in each cup.
- Equally divide cheese on top of each cup, about 1 tsp. on each cup.
- Bake cups for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!