Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This healthy Herbs & Garlic Cheese & Chicken Power Bowl made with Sunny Dog Herbs & Garlic Cheddar is packed with protein, veggies, quinoa, cheese, and fresh flavours! It's a great meal prep recipe that can be enjoyed throughout the week.
- 2 chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups mixed greens, packed
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crispy or fresh chickpeas
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 100g Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic Cheddar, cubed
100g Lactose Free Old White Cheddar or Lactose Free 18 Month Old Cheddar, cubed
- 3/4 cup prepared herbed vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, oregano, basil, and garlic and stir to combine.
- Place chicken breast on the baking sheet and fully coat chicken with olive oil mixture
adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook chicken for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165°F.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the rest of the bowls. In four large bowls divide
and layer mixed greens, quinoa, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber, and cheese cubes.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked and slightly cooled, slice chicken and top each bowl
with ½ of a chicken breast.
- Finish bowls by drizzling dressing and enjoy!