Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This soft naan bread stuffed with Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic Cheddar is fluffy and delicious! Enjoy it on its own or with a bowl of flavourful curry.
- 1 cup water, warmed to about 110° F
- 2 tsp. quick rise yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic Cheddar, grated
- Add water, yeast and sugar to the mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough
hook, let sit for about 5 minutes or until frothy.
- Add flour, baking powder, garlic, and salt and mix on low-medium speed.
- Add yogurt and let it knead in the mixer for 5 minutes.
- Cover dough with a damp cloth and let rise for an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Lightly dust a workspace with flour and cut dough into 12 balls.
- Press each ball into a rough circle and add 2 ½ tbsp. of cheese to each circle and pinch
together to enclose the cheese.
- Gently roll the naan out to 1-2 cm thick.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and cook the naan on both sides about 2-3 minutes or
until golden brown and cooked through.Optional: melt ½ cup butter and add 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro and brush each naan with butter