Honey & Fig Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
We've put a gourmet twist on a classic with this easy and delicious Fig & Honey Grilled Cheese. It's made with crispy multigrain bread, our Lactose-Free Mozzarella, BeeMaid's Premium Clover Honey, fresh figs, and arugula. The underlying floral notes of BeeMaid's Premium Clover Honey compliments the smooth, buttery taste of our Lactose-Free Mozzarella.
- 2 tbsp. butter, room temperature
- ½ tbsp. BeeMaid Premium Clover Honey
- 2 slices of multigrain bread
- 1 fresh fig, sliced
- ¼ cup arugula, loosely packed
- 4 slices Bothwell Lactose-Free Mozzarella
- In a small bowl, using a whisk or a fork combine butter and honey. Spread ½ tbsp. of butter honey mixture on each piece of bread, on both sides.
- Place 1 slice of the buttered bread into a large flat pan and layer with fig slices, arugula and cheese slices, topping with the other slice of buttered bread.
- Heat pan on medium-low heat and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until perfectly crisp and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!