Recipe Creator: Amanda Cortens
This one pan casserole turns a pub classic into a family friendly meal! Breaded chicken stuffed with Bothwell’s Jalapeño Monterey Jack baked on top of a flavourful rice pilaf is a surprisingly simple one pan weeknight meal!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Bothwell Jalapeño Monterey Jack, shredded
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 ¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, prepare chicken by cutting a small pocket into chicken breast at thickest part, ensuring not to break through. Stuff roughly ¼ cup of Bothwell Jalapeño Monterey Jack Cheese into each chicken breast.
- Lay out three medium, shallow bowls. In first bowl, mix flour with salt and pepper. In second bowl, add beaten eggs, and in third bowl add bread crumbs. Dredge and coat chicken in flour mixture, eggs and then breadcrumbs, shaking off excess at each step. Set breaded chicken breasts aside.
- In a 9" x 13" casserole pan, mix rice with chicken broth onions and cilantro. Place breaded chicken breasts on top of rice mixture and place casserole dish in oven. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove casserole pan from oven. Plate chicken breast. Fluff rice mixture in casserole pan with fork. Plate rice.