Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This is the power house of Ceasar Salads! Traditional ingredients are replaced with nutrient-rich and protein-packed alternatives that make for satisfying and nourishing meal.
- 3 cups baby kale
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn in bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups roasted chickpeas, recipe below
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds, to garnish
Creamy Parmesan Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup full fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Bothwell Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- For chickpeas: Preheat oven to 400℉. Drain chickpeas in colander and rinse well. Pat chickpeas with paper towels until dry. Place in chickpeas in a medium bowl and add oil and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Spread chickpeas on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool. Store in air-tight container until ready to use.
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Mix in yogurt and Parmesan cheese until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Dressing can be made 1 day in advance and stored in refrigerator.
- For salad: Place kale and romaine in large bowl. Add dressing and hand-massage dressing into kale leaves. Garnish with roasted chickpeas and sunflower seeds, if desired.