Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
Here’s a grain bowl that’s a meal prepper’s dream come true and perfect for feeling fueled and satisfied right through to the next meal.
• 1 lb carrots, cut into matchsticks
• 4 cloves garlic
• 4 sprigs fresh dill
• 3/4 cup white vinegar
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1 tbsp kosher salt
• 1 tsp mustard seeds (optional)
• 1/2 cup plain yogurt
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
• 1 small clove garlic, minced
• 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
• 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
• 2 green onions, finely chopped
• 2 cups torn kale leaves
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 3 cups cooked kamut, quinoa or brown rice
• 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/3 cup dried cranberries
• 1 cup Bothwell Horseradish Cheddar, shredded
• 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Pickled Carrots:
• In pot of boiling water, cook carrots for 1 minute.
• Drain and plunge immediately into ice bath. Let cool completely; drain well.
• Pack into 4-cup Mason jar with garlic and dill.
• In small saucepan set over high heat, combine 3/4 cup water, vinegar, sugar, salt, and mustard seeds (if using).
• Bring to boil; simmer for about 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
• Immediately pour over carrots; let cool completely. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight or up to 1 week.
- Dressing: Whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in parsley and green onions. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bowl: Meanwhile, place kale in large bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt; toss to coat. Massage for about 3 minutes or until leaves are glossy and tender.
- Divide kamut among four shallow bowls. Top with kale, cabbage, tomatoes, cranberries, pickled carrots and cheese. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle pumpkin seeds over top.