Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
Sweet and savoury come together in these easy Cheddar & Strawberry Puff Pastries. They're great for brunch or a sweet snack.
- 2 10”x10” sheets of puff pastry, cut into 4 5” squares
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Bothwell Lactose-Free Old Cheddar, shredded and divided
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla bean paste (optional)
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Prepare two baking sheets lined with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small-medium bowl, thoroughly combine cream cheese, ½ cup old cheddar cheese, sugar and vanilla bean paste.
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, honey and lemon juice. Set aside to let berries macerate.
- Place four squares of puff pastry on each baking sheet.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the pastry, leaving a ½” border, to ensure the outside pastry puffs up when baked.
- Equally, divide the cheese mixture on the eight puff pastry sheets, making sure not to cover the ½” border.
- Equally, divide and spoon strawberries over the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold pastry border over strawberries making a blossom shape, and sprinkle remaining cheese over puff pastry.
- Bake pastries for 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.