Recipe Creator: Our friends at www.allyouneedischeese.ca
Onion and Marble Cheddar make these muffins a savoury standout. Best served warm, only crumbs and memories will remain once you’ve served them.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Bothwell Marble Cheddar, grated
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- Combine first four ingredients in a big bowl and mix well.
- Stir in the cheese.
- In another big bowl, beat eggs and whisk in seven last ingredients.
- Pour over dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.