Chef John’s Margherita Pizza
Recipe Creator: Chef John
Sometimes the best recipes are the simple ones! You can't go wrong with this fresh and delicious margherita pizza. It's a classic that everyone will enjoy.
- Pizza dough ball, 8oz
- 3-4 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- 4oz Squeak'rs White Curds
- 4 basil leaves
- Olive oil
Tip: You can freeze extra dough for another day.
- Place pizza stone in the centre rack position in an oven or grill. Heat oven or grill to 550°F. Heat stone in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Place ground semolina on the surface you will be working your dough. Roll or stretch dough to a diametre of 10 inches.
- Spread tomato sauce on the dough. Leave about a 1/2 inch from the edge untouched.
- Evenly distribute cheese curds on the sauced dough.
- Tear basil into smaller pieces and space out evenly.
- Use a pizza peel with a dusting of semolina to slide under pizza and transfer to the pizza stone.
- Bake the pizza until the edges are browned and the cheese is bubbling, about 6-7 minutes.
- Use the pizza peel to remove the pizza from the oven. Cut into 6 slices and drizzle with olive oil.