Recipe Creator: Chef D
This savoury Meat & Cheese Turnover is made with pizza dough, prosciutto, salami, ham, chorizo, and lots of Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic Cheddar cheese. Simple and delicious, this is a comforting recipe the whole family will love.
- Ready made pizza dough or dough made from scratch
- 4 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded Non-GMO Project Verified Sunny Dog Barkin’ Herbs and Garlic Cheddar (one cup at a time)
- 1/4 cup each of chopped ham, prosciutto, salami, and chorizo
- 2 slices of prosciutto (held back)
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- Roll out dough on floured countertop to a ¼ inch thickness, roughly in a rectangle shape.
- Spread chopped meats over the surface.
- Sprinkle on one cup of shredded cheese.
- Tightly roll one side of the dough until you have a loaf shape.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and spread melted butter on top.
- Then sprinkle the remainder of your cheese on top. Yes you can go Barkin’ wild here if you like and add more cheese.
- Place in oven at 375 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes.
- In the last 10 minutes remove from oven and place slice prosciutto on top and put back in the oven for the last 10 minutes. This is so your prosciutto does not burn. Remove from oven. Slice and serve. Some enjoy fresh olive oil drizzled on top.