Topped with Smoked Parmesan Crisps, this salad looks fancy (but your guests won’t know how easy it was to make).
- ¼ cup Bothwell Parmesan, grated (garnish)
- 1 bunch kale (approx. 6 stems), washed and torn (stems removed)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 cup croutons
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds (optional garnish)
- 4 Tbsp Bothwell Parmesan, grated (dressing)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp each salt & pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 cup Bothwell Smoked Parmesan, grated (Parm Crisps)
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (optional)
- In a bowl whisk together olive oil, 4 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and mayonnaise until smooth.
Smoked Parmesan Crisps
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 1 Tbsp of grated Smoked Parmesan Cheese on parchment and spread lightly with your fingertips to shape a 3-inch round.
- Continue until your pan is full, leaving 2 inches between each round. Sprinkle with poppy seeds (optional).
- Bake crisps until lightly golden, 3-5 minutes (watch closely).
- To curl crisps, carefully drape them, while still hot, over a rolling pin until cooled.
- For flat crisps, cool on a paper towel on a flat surface.
- Place kale and romaine in large bowl.
- Add dressing, croutons, and ¼ cup grated Parmesan; toss to combine.
- Garnish with Smoked Parmesan Crisps and hemp seeds (optional).
TIP: For a dressing twist, use flavoured mustard such as Smak Dab Honey Horseradish