Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This stuffed sandwich is busting with flavour! The only way to contain it all is to smoosh it real good - check out the recipe and see for yourself! It makes a quick and easy lunch, dinner, appetizer or snack.
1 large bread boule, halved
2 Tbsp Olive oil, divided
1 cup Olive tapenade (store bought or homemade)
4 oz Mortadella, thinly sliced
2.5 oz Pepperoni, thinly sliced
2 oz Salami, thinly sliced
4 oz Bothwell Cheese Mozzarella slices
1/2 cup prepared roasted red peppers, sliced
1/4 cup Fresh basil leaves
2 cups Arugula
- Slice a 1/2-inch (1 cm) top off the bread boule. Scoop out bread from bottom and top halves, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border all around (reserve scooped-out bread for another use).
- Brush top and bottom of hollowed-out bread with the 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil.
- Layer the remaining ingredients on the bottom half of the bread in the following order: 1/2 cup of olive tapenade, arugula, basil, Mortadella, Mozzarella, Salami, Pepperoni, roasted red peppers, and remaining olive tapenade. Cap with loaf top.
- Tightly wrap the sandwich in plastic wrap and weigh it down with a cast-iron skillet or large soup cans, and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from fridge, cut into wedges, and serve.
TIP: For a vegetarian sandwich, omit the meat and replace with vegan pepperoni or sautéed mushrooms.