Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This cheesy braided bread filled with pesto and Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic Cheddar is a beautiful, simple, and delicious recipe that will impress your guests!
- 2 cup water, warmed to about 110°F
- 5 tsp. quick rise yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour (more for dusting surface)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup of your favourite pesto
- 1 cup Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic Cheddar, grated
- Add water, yeast, sugar and salt to the mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough
hook, let sit for about 5 minutes or until frothy.
- Add flour, oil and salt and mix on low-medium speed for 5 minutes until dough comes
- Cover dough with a damp cloth and let rise for an hour or until it doubles in size.
Assembly and Baking
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper and set
- Lightly flour your work space and roll dough to approximately 35”x 24”.
- Spread pesto over dough leaving a ½” border. Sprinkle cheese over pesto layer.
- Roll the longest side of the dough tightly to you and pinch the seam and ends closed.
- Move the dough log to the lined baking sheet and cut the dough in half and pinch the
- Moving quickly braid the dough and shape dough into a circle. Pinching all the ends
together creating a complete circle.
- Let dough rest again for 30 minutes and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and slice to serve!