Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This dish combines the very best of two comforting favourites into one delicious, cheesy appetizer that's perfect for game days and get-togethers!
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 medium russet potatoes, sliced into 2-3 cm thick rounds
- Oil for frying
- ½ cup gravy, heated
- 2 tsp. oil
- 6-8 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup ground beef, cooked and seasoned
- 100g Deep-Fried Cheese Curds
- 170g Bothwell Medium Cheddar, grated
- 10 pickled jalapeño slices
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sour cream
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and set asideAssembly
- Preheat oil for frying to 350° F.
- Carefully place sliced potatoes into the hot oil, fry for 1.5-2 minutes until potatoes are
floating and crispy golden brown.
- Carefully remove potatoes and place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Preheat oven to 375° F and prepare a 9x12 sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- 6. In a small-medium pan heat oil on medium-high heat and sauté mushrooms and onions
until they brown, about 5 minutes, and set aside.
- Layer ½ of the potato chips on the sheet pan, top with ½ of each mushroom mixture,
ground beef, and shredded cheese.
- Layer remaining potatoes, mushroom mixture, ground beef, shredded cheese, and top
with deep-fried cheese curds and jalapeños.
- Bake nachos for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Remove nachos from oven and top with gravy, garlic aioli, and optional garnishes if you
- Serve immediately with a side of sour cream.