Try this prairie twist on a classic Caesar, paired with our Horseradish Cheddar.
- 16 g Bothwell Horseradish Cheddar, cubed
- 75 g Lobster Tail or Large Shrimp (6 to 8 count)
- 1 oz. Vodka (optional)
- 5 fl oz. Mott's Clamato Juice or Walter's Craft Caesar Mix
- 1 slice Prosciutto
- 1 slice Bacon
- 2 Pickled Spicy Beans
- 1 Lemon Wedge
- 1 Chive
Lemon juice around the rim of the glass.
Pink Himalayan salt and pepper. Place the lemon rimed glass in the salt and pepper.
- 6 cups of Water
- ½ cup of White Wine
- Lemon Wedge (squeezed and tossed in the pot)
- Peppercorns (5 or 6)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- Pre heat oven to 350˚F on convection. Place bacon on baking sheet and cook until crispy about 20 minutes. **Tip: I like to use parchment under the bacon for easy clean up. Add a good amount of freshly ground pepper on the bacon before placing in the oven.
- Thaw lobster tail (follow recommended thawing instructions on package). Once thawed squeeze lobster tail in hand to crack inner tail ribs to loosen the lobster meat from the shell. Next use kitchen shears and cut inner part of the tail lengthwise to gently free the tail from the shell. You should have an intact lobster shell and lobster meat. Place a skewer through the center of the lobster tail meat length wise. This will keep the tail from curling up while poaching.
- In a medium size sauce pot make a poaching liquid. **Tip I like to cook the shells at the same time to use as a garnish. When done place on paper towel to dry and fan the tail out.
- Bring poaching liquid to gentle boil on medium high heat. Place lobster skewers in poaching liquid. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and check internal temperature with a thermometer. The lobster temperature should be 140˚F. Quickly chill in ice bath. Once cool, pat dry with paper towels. This will help to keep the cheese on the lobster when melting.
- Preheat oven on broil.
- Once lobster is chilled, place on a non-stick pan with the skewers still in the lobster . Tip ** I like to use skewers with a flat edge and not a round skewer. This will help keep the lobster tail flat on the pan and keep the cheese in place on top of the lobster.
- Place the Horseradish cheddar on the lobster tails. Cut the cheddar in 3.5 to 4 inch slices the length of the lobster tail roughly.
- Place lobster and cheese on top rack of oven. Keep an eye on them depending on how hot your oven is you don’t want to burn them. 3 to 4 minutes the cheese should be melted and cover most of the lobster tail slight browning.
- Once you have your cooled cheese crusted lobster lollipops place on top of one piece of bacon and wrap firmly with one piece of prosciutto. The prosciutto holds everything together. **Tip you can make these ahead of time and keep them in the fridge until your ready to serve your cocktails.
** Tip Time saver, pre salt glass rims ahead of time.
When your guests arrive all you need to do is add ice, pour in the mix, add lobster lollipop, pickled beans and place lemon wedge on the rim.