Quick Quesadilla Pockets
Beans, corn and Tex-Mex Shredded Cheese in a tortilla—does it get any more Mexican than that? We doubt it, at least not up here in Canada!
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1½ cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (15-oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup salsa
- 6 slices Bothwell Red Hot Chili Pepper Jack from our 450g Sliced Variety Pack or Jalapeño Monterey Jack from our 720g Costco Sliced Variety Pack
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- Lightly oil a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper, chili powder, and onion powder and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the corn, beans, and salsa. Cook until the mixture is heated through.
- To assemble the quesadillas, arrange the bean mixture evenly over half of each tortilla. Place 1 1/2 cheese slices evenly on top of the mixture.
- Fold over and place each on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the tortillas.
- Bake until the cheese melts and the tortillas become crisp on the outside, about 10 minutes.
- Cut into quarters and serve.