Quinoa, cheddar and eggs form the tart shell that holds a delicious and quiche-like roasted tomato-broccoli-cheese filling. Don’t expect leftovers!
- 1 cup Quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup Bothwell Old Cheddar
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Old Bothwell Cheddar, grated
- 4 Eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup Milk
- 3 green Onions, sliced
- 6 Roma tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 9 Cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1 tsp Tarragon, dried
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Move oven rack to center position.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 10-inch quiche dish.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, cheese and the two beaten eggs.
- Spread the mixture over the base and sides of the quiche dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove and set aside to cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic and oil in a bowl and stir to coat well.
- Place on a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool, peel and mince the garlic.
- Arrange the broccoli over the bottom of the quinoa crust.
- Top with the tomatoes, garlic and cheddar.
- In a bowl, stir eggs, milk, green onions, tarragon and pepper. Pour over the cheddar.
- Place the dish on a baking sheet and cook for 60 minutes.
- Remove and cool before serving.