Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
We’ve put a festive twist on a classic with these mini sweet and savoury grilled cheese sandwiches made with our Old Cheddar. They're the perfect bite-size appetizers!
- 1 baguette, sliced into 20 thin slices
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup Salt Spring Kitchen Co. Raspberry & Habanero Spicy Pepper Spread
- 2 tbsp. pecans, crushed
- ½ cup Bothwell Old Cheddar (170g, 540g, 1kg), shredded
- Equally, divide and spread butter on each piece of bread.
- Place 10 slices of the buttered bread into a large flat pan and equally divide and layer with jam, pecans and cheese, topping each with the other piece of buttered bread, buttered side up.
- Heat pan on medium-low heat and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until perfectly crisp and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!