Red Hot Chorizo Burger
Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This burger is the fiesta, and your invited. Chorizo adds an exciting profile to this burger and lends itself wonderfully to Bothwell's Red Hot Chili Pepper Jack.
For the burgers:
1lb (454gr) ground beef
½ lb (225gr) chorizo (fresh, not cured), casings removed
1 small onion finely chopped
1 clove of garlic minced
4 hamburger buns
4 slices of Bothwell Cheese Red Hot Chili Pepper Jack from our Sliced Variety Pack
1/2 cup avocado aioli (see recipe below)
¼ cup corn relish
1 bunch fresh cilantro
For the aioli:
1 avocado peeled and seeded
¼ cup mayo
Juice of half a lime
- Prepare aioli: Place avocado, mayo and lime juice in a small food processor and puree until smooth. Remove and place in a small bowl.
- In a small bowl combine ground beef, chorizo, onion and garlic. Form into 4 patties.
- Place patties in a seasoned cast iron or fry pan or BBQ and cook over medium high heat.
- Cook to golden brown on both sides and an internal temperature of 160F.
- Turn off heat and place one slice of Bothwell Red Hot Chili Pepper cheese on each patty. Let sit until cheese is melted.
- Spread a tbsp of Avocado Aioli over bun, place burger on bun, top with corn relish and cilantro.