Poutine, step aside. These roasted potato wedges are about to steal the spotlight with their cheesy goodness!
- 6 large baking potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp flour
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1¼ cups (5 oz) Bothwell Medium Cheddar, shredded
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a plastic bag, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly onto baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove cover and turn potatoes.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- For the sauce, heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add flour and stir over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add milk and stir until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese, green onions and pepper.
- Serve potato wedges with warm cheese sauce.