Recipe Creator: Chef Rob Thomas
Horseradish Cheddar and roasted sweet potatoes are the stars in this hearty salad. The addition of our not so secret ingredient, salty thick cut bacon, brings all the flavours together – because bacon makes everything better.
- 4 lbs Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup Green onion, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 8 strips Thick cut bacon, cooked & chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 cup Bothwell Horseradish Cheddar, shredded (reserve some for garnish)
- 3 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Sour cream
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Drizzle Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly coat sweet potatoes in olive oil and bake until soft (approx. 20 minutes). Let cool.
- Mix vinegar, sour cream and mayonnaise for dressing and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine roasted sweet potatoes, green onion, bacon and cheese. Toss with dressing, season to taste with salt & pepper and refrigerate until cooled.
- Top with garnish before serving.