Savoury Herbs & Cheddar Muffins
Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
These quick and easy Savoury Herbs & Cheddar Muffins made with Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic Cheddar are perfect for brunch or on-the-go. The oregano, basil, and garlic in this mild cheddar adds a boost of fresh flavour, especially to baked goods.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups Sunny Dog Barkin’ Herbs & Garlic Cheddar, grated
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter and garlic in a bowl or small saucepan and melt until combined.
- Brush a 12-hole muffin tin with butter and garlic mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- In another separate bowl, add egg, milk, yogurt, and vegetable oil. Whisk until combined.
- Pour bowl from step #5 into bowl from step #4 and mix. Add in grated cheese and stir to combine.
- Divide mixture into muffin tin holes.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins are crispy on the top.