Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This warm Smoked Gouda, Bacon, and Beer Dip made with our premium Smoked Gouda is a savoury fall appetizer that's perfect for feeding a crowd. Serve warm with pretzels and beer.
- 8 slices bacon
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. AP flour
- 1 cup light beer
- 2 cups Bothwell 540g Smoked Gouda, shredded
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- In a medium-large pan, on medium heat, cook bacon until crisp (2-3 minutes on each side).
- Once the bacon is crisp, remove it from the heat and place the bacon on a plate with a paper towel.
- Carefully save 2 tbsp’s of bacon grease and set it aside. Roughly chop bacon strips.
- Preheat broil on high.
- In a medium-large pot, on medium heat, add bacon grease and onions. Sauté onions until translucent, then add bacon bits.
- Add the flour to the pot and stir to combine; add beer and stir until thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Add shredded cheese, cream cheese and Dijon and stir to combine.
- Carefully transfer dip into a small cast iron or oven-safe dish, top with extra gouda and bacon.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts; serve hot with soft pretzels!