Smoked Gouda, Chicken, and Arugula Cacio e Pepe
Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
Add a flavourful twist to cacio e pepe with Smoked Gouda. This cheese is permeated with natural maple wood smoke which makes this dish even more decadent. This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients, making it the perfect impromptu choice for pasta night!
- ½ lb. spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ cup rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 4 cup arugula, loosely packed
- ½ cup Smoked Gouda (170g, 540g) or Smoked Parmesan, grated
- ¼ cup Smoked Gouda (170g, 540g) or Smoked Parmesan, grated
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a medium-large frying pan on medium high heat, toss cooked spaghetti and butter to
- Add chicken and cook until warmed.
- Add arugula and sauté until wilted. Add ½ cup of cheese and mix until combined.
- Divide pasta evenly on plates and finish with remaining cheese.
- Season with fresh cracked pepper to taste.