Recipe Creator: Amanda Cortens
This BBQ friendly chicken burger pairs Smoked Gouda with a spicy curry yogurt sauce and marinade - the perfect match for your end of summer get-together!
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened to an even width
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 1 tsp Ground cumin seed
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Salt
- pinch Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 2 green chilies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Canola or olive oil
- 4 Slices Bothwell Smoked Gouda
- 4 Burger buns
Additional toppings as desired: Plain yogurt, sliced tomato and cucumber, lettuce.
- Prepare chicken breast by flattening to desired, equal thickness with a meat tenderizer. Place chicken breasts in large Ziploc bag and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt with cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, salt, cayenne pepper, ginger root and chilies. Mix until well combined. Reserve ¼ cup of yogurt mixture and place in fridge for later step.
- Add Canola or olive oil to remaining yogurt. Pour yogurt marinade in Ziploc bag with chicken.
- Mix well and return Ziploc with chicken to fridge to marinade for 3 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat BBQ to medium high. BBQ chicken breasts until internal temperature reaches 170 F (about 5-7 minutes per side), flipping once.
- Place a slice of Bothwell Smoked Gouda Cheese on each chicken breast. Close lid of BBQ until cheese is melted (about 1 minute). Remove chicken from grill.
- Prepare your burger bun with remaining curry yogurt sauce and other desired toppings. Place chicken breast on bun and enjoy!