Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
The not-so-secret ingredient in this salad is marinated artichoke hearts, adding zing and moisture to this smooth cheese-and-pasta salad.
- 250 g package rotini pasta
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 250g Smoked Gouda, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 red pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups assorted baby tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup reserved artichoke marinade
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup grated Bothwell Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- In large pot of salted water cook pasta until al dente, or around 7 minutes. Drain and set aside (do not rinse).
- Remove artichokes from the jar and cut artichokes into quarters. Reserve the artichoke liquid for the dressing.
- Prepare dressing by placing all ingredients in small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients into a large bowl. Pour in dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.