Spicy Dill Pickle Cuban Sandwich
Recipe Creator: Chef D
Take grilled cheese sandwich to the next level with this cheesy and meaty grilled cheese made with 3 different kinds of meat and flavourful Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack. This hits the spot for lunch!
- Soft bread of bun (brioche, or French)
- Yellow mustard
- Mayo (optional)
- 12 slices thinly sliced deli ham
- 10 ounces thinly sliced pork roast
- 3 ounces thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 6 ounces Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack, sliced
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Starting with the bottom slice, spread a thin layer of mustard. If using mayo spread onto the top slice.
- Layer on ham, followed by pork, salami, cheese. Fold meats and cheese to prevent them from hanging over.
- Cover the top and bottom in butter and either grill in a preheated (med-high) frying pan with butter (turning over after 5 to 7 minutes) or use a panini press. Once golden brown on both sides, and firm to the touch.
- Place finished Cuban in a preheated warm oven. Wipe the fry pan and repeat with the other 3 sandwiches.
- Cut in half and serve.