Recipe Creator: Chef D
If you love pickles, then you'll love this recipe! What's not to love about breaded chicken stuffed with flavourful Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack cheese and dill pickles. It's crispy, cheesy, and delicious. It makes a great dinner for any night of the week.
- 2 whole skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ cups of pickle brine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4-6 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 thick slices of Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack
- 2 slices of dill pickles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, place your chicken breasts and pour pickle brine over top. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from brine and pat dry. Cut an incision into the thick end of your chicken breast. Ensure it is a long enough cut to accommodate the slice of dill pickle and wide enough to accommodate three layers.
- Insert one slice cheese, followed by a pickle and another slide of cheese. Set aside in the fridge.
- Whisk egg in a bowl. Cover the bottom of two plates or shallow pans with flour and the other with the breadcrumbs. *DO NOT SALT AND PEPPER.
- Remove chicken breasts from fridge and pat dry once more if need be. Dip each chicken breast first in flour, followed by eggs and breadcrumbs. You may have to press the crumbs on…don’t be shy.
- Place prepared chicken breasts on prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes put the grill on for 1 to 2 minutes until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Don’t let your eyes off it!
- Serve this mouth-watering masterpiece warm and do not expect leftovers.
ChefD’s Tip: All recipes are like road maps there is always more than one way to get there. If you are gluten free, try your fav GF flour and breaded topping OR no flour/topping at all. If you want a sauce for this dish, try the Greek Meatball sauce. POW!
Please note there is *salt in the brine and this serves to brighten the flavour of your creation. Adding more salt will change the ‘salt’ flavour of this dish. …if you must, I get it, but do it after you taste it. Enjoy!