Recipe Creator: Chef D
Check out this eye-catching Cucumber Ribbon & Corn Salad made by Chef D. It combines thinly sliced cucumber, corn, red onion, and flavourful Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic cheese for a simple, yet elegant salad that's perfect for spring!
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups corn
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced into ribbons
- ¾ cup Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic Cheddar, diced. Save some grated cheese for plating
- ¼ cup basil leaves, torn
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a medium sized non-stick fry pan until shimmering. Add corn and cook stirring occasionally, until tender and spotty brown, 7-9 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Refrigerate corn until completely cool, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice with remaining 7 tbsp. oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer ¼ cup lemon vinaigrette to a separate bowl and whisk in sour cream. Set aside. Add onion to remaining vinaigrette and let sit while corn is cooling.
- Add cucumber, onion mixture, and corn to a bowl and and toss to coat. Transfer to serving platter or plate. Drizzle with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with Sunny Dog cheese and basil.
ChefD’s tip: Keep a couple of full cucumber ribbons and place on plate in a circle. Add salad to the centre and serve. HINT: Always try and plate your salads on a cold plates.