Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
These savoury cheddar scones made with Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic cheese and green onions are moist, cheesy, and flaky. Serve them plain, with butter or with eggs and bacon for brunch. This is an easy recipe for any day of the week.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flower
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 6 tbsp. cold butter cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Project Verified Sunny Dog Barkin’ Herbs & Garlic Cheddar, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder to a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add in garlic and butter. Use hands or a pastry cutter to combine until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Add in cheese and green onions.
- Whisk together eggs and cream in a separate bowl before adding it to the dry ingredients. Stir until mixture is evenly coated. The dough should be sticky.
- Flatten dough onto a generously floured surface into a rectangle shape. Dough should be 2 to 3 inches high.
- Cut large rectangle into smaller squares. Cut each square on a diagonal to create triangle shaped scones.
- Place scones on baking sheet leaving about an inch between each scone.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.