Sunny Dog Spring Soup
Recipe Creator: Chef John
Spring calls for a fresh Spring Soup like this one made by our very own Chef John. Topped with flavourful Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic cheese, this vibrant soup is packed with green veggies including spinach, zucchini, and leeks. This recipe is simple, nutritious, and delicious.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 400g leeks washed and sliced
- 400g zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 400g spinach
- 50g cream cheese
- 125g Sunny Dog Barkin' Herb & Garlic Cheddar + save a few pinches for garnish
- 10g fresh basil + save some lovely leaves for garnish
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Heat oil in a large pan on medium-high heat and sauté the leeks until softened
- Add zucchini and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Next, add vegetable stock, cover again, and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add spinach, and cook for another five minutes. It looks like a lot of spinach, but it will wilt down. Take off heat and add the cream cheese and cheddar. Once the soup has had some time to cool, add the basil and blend one last time.
- Adds salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into your favourite bowl and garnish with some of the reserved cheddar, basil leaves and toasted pumpkin seeds.