Recipe Creator: Amanda Cortens
Perfect for now or later, these protein packed breakfast wraps are sure to be a family favourite! Using Bothwell Tex Mex shredded cheese blend, this is one delicious and convenient breakfast option for the family on the go!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less, to taste)
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 10 small tortillas
- 10 medium eggs
- 1 cup Bothwell Cheddar (Mild, Medium or Old), shredded
- 1 cup Bothwell Jalapeño Monterey Jack, shredded
- 1 half red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 half green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 half yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- Cook ground beef in medium sized skillet until browned, about 3 or 4 minutes. Drain meat. Meanwhile, mix seasonings and cornstarch in small bowl.
- Over medium high heat, add spice mixture to browned ground beef. Add water, mix well and cook until water is mostly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and scramble them as they cook, until eggs have thickened and no liquid remains.
- Equally divide meat mixture, eggs, Bothwell Tex Mex cheese and peppers (in that order) between 10 tortillas. Wrap.
If not consuming all the wraps immediately, wrap tortillas tightly in plastic wrap and place in airtight freezer bags and freeze
To reheat, remove tortillas from plastic wrap and microwave tortilla, wrapped in a paper towel for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through. Can be reheated in 350 degree oven for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.