The birthplace of the humble tortilla is hot, so it’s only fitting to combine Horseradish Cheddar with beef in this tasty tortilla salad.
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, wedges
- ½ cup Bothwell Horseradish Cheddar, shredded
- 6 crispy tortilla bowls (how to make)
- Sour cream, salsa, and chopped green onion (garnish)
- Sauté the beef, onions and garlic together in olive oil until beef is fully cooked.
- Drain off extra oil, add paprika, cumin and salt & pepper, cook for an additional 5 minutes and then set aside.
- Place the lettuce in the tortilla bowls then add the beef.
- Place the tomato wedges around the beef and garnish with cheese and green onion.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.