If you’re a fan of mac and cheese and burgers, why not put them together in one glorious casserole? You’ll be the hero chef in everyone's eyes.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1.5 cups tomato sauce or your favorite pasta sauce
- ½ tsp seasoning salt, optional
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup Bothwell Medium Cheddar, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground turkey and onion until turkey is browned and onion is soft; drain off fat.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt; drain and pour back into cooking pot.
- Add the sauce, turkey and tomatoes to the pot and mix well.
- Spoon macaroni mixture into prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover loosely with foil; bake 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of casserole are bubbling.